new cards are overpowered

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

are new cards overpowered

69% 69% 
[ 25 ]
31% 31% 
[ 11 ]
 
Total Votes : 36

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  Tsunayoshi on 2012-01-05, 14:21

On one note, Hadouken makes me wish I could neg rep him because of his obvious trolling and stupidity.

Especially since his post has shown that there is power creep.
avatar
Tsunayoshi


Posts : 1915
Birthday : 1987-09-27
Join date : 2011-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  raidou on 2012-01-05, 16:23

he just has a different opinion than yours that istn trolling (maybe he could use different words )
avatar
raidou


Posts : 967
Join date : 2011-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  Miror B. on 2012-01-05, 16:34

Hadouken's a troll. Trust me.

And yes there's a power creep. It's business strategy. Would you buy the newer packs if all the cards you already had were better and you didn't need the new ones?
avatar
Miror B.


Posts : 1205
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  raidou on 2012-01-05, 17:30

makes sense

they can release at least 1 good card each set then fix it with the list later



the problem is when a TCG exclusive is too good because it wont be hit by list until it gets 1 format on the ocg
avatar
raidou


Posts : 967
Join date : 2011-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  .Jobrjo. on 2012-01-05, 17:34

raidou wrote:
.Jobrjo. wrote:Sir, I don't use meta, at all, in my 40+ decks. Not at all. I used too, but I took out all of those decks. SInce they're meta, everyone has one, I prefer something different than everyone else. Also, I don't use staples. For example, I use Sangan in 2 of my decks. Also, not a single solemn in all my decks.
From the perspective of a 100% non-meta dueler, the meta is broken.
And just saying, while some of my decks suck, some of them are quite good.

does that logic means if one of those decks becomes really good (because of new cards or a lucky ban list change ) and it becomes meta youll stop using it?

Nope, I'd still use it for 2 reasons: a) Well, as I originated this awesome deck, I'd like to still have the original version and get the credit and suh and b) As I've said, I have nothing against meta. However, most of it is overpowered. The reason I don't use meta is because everyone uses it taking out the fun. But if one of my decks become meta (but I don't see that happening), I'd keep using it. But one reason I enjoy using it is because I"m rather sure they'll never e meta.







avatar
.Jobrjo.


Posts : 36
Join date : 2011-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  .:HadoukenBlue:. on 2012-01-05, 17:59

Tsunayoshi wrote:On one note, Hadouken makes me wish I could neg rep him because of his obvious trolling and stupidity.

Especially since his post has shown that there is power creep.


I'm not normally this dickish, but this topic makes me incredibly annoyed. Just, play the game and live with it or quit. Oh, and calling me stupid was incredibly unneeded. I know I said it, but "herpaderpa! I won't run good cards because they're good herp derp!" Sort of warrants it.

I'll admit power creep. But then again, doesn't every game known to man power creep in a multiplayer enviroment? People get bored. Power Creep keeps them interested. I would've quit hell of a long time ago if Synchros where not released. And as miror said, what's the point of releasing new cards if they're garbage? I'm not a troll dear sir, but I do make my opinion known. Maybe a little too much for my own good.
avatar
.:HadoukenBlue:.


Posts : 364
Birthday : 1996-12-24
Join date : 2011-08-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  Tsunayoshi on 2012-01-05, 18:12

.:HadoukenBlue:. wrote:
Tsunayoshi wrote:On one note, Hadouken makes me wish I could neg rep him because of his obvious trolling and stupidity.

Especially since his post has shown that there is power creep.


I'm not normally this dickish, but this topic makes me incredibly annoyed. Just, play the game and live with it or quit. Oh, and calling me stupid was incredibly unneeded. I know I said it, but "herpaderpa! I won't run good cards because they're good herp derp!" Sort of warrants it.

I'll admit power creep. But then again, doesn't every game known to man power creep in a multiplayer enviroment? People get bored. Power Creep keeps them interested. I would've quit hell of a long time ago if Synchros where not released. And as miror said, what's the point of releasing new cards if they're garbage? I'm not a troll dear sir, but I do make my opinion known. Maybe a little too much for my own good.

Power creep can keep interest, but left unchecked it does more to hurt the game than help promote sales and keep players in. The ban list was put in place because it was out of control back around IOC. It is out of control again and Konami is purposely doing nothing about it because it has no effect on their profit making test bed.
avatar
Tsunayoshi


Posts : 1915
Birthday : 1987-09-27
Join date : 2011-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  Miror B. on 2012-01-05, 18:18

It was out of control for 1 format. That format isn't even done with yet. And the only real reason BLS was unbanned was because September is essentially the "test format" where they do a few out of place changes here and there. If BLS is truly a problem still it'll be banned by March.
avatar
Miror B.


Posts : 1205
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  .:HadoukenBlue:. on 2012-01-05, 18:19

Tsunayoshi wrote:
.:HadoukenBlue:. wrote:
Tsunayoshi wrote:On one note, Hadouken makes me wish I could neg rep him because of his obvious trolling and stupidity.

Especially since his post has shown that there is power creep.


I'm not normally this dickish, but this topic makes me incredibly annoyed. Just, play the game and live with it or quit. Oh, and calling me stupid was incredibly unneeded. I know I said it, but "herpaderpa! I won't run good cards because they're good herp derp!" Sort of warrants it.

I'll admit power creep. But then again, doesn't every game known to man power creep in a multiplayer enviroment? People get bored. Power Creep keeps them interested. I would've quit hell of a long time ago if Synchros where not released. And as miror said, what's the point of releasing new cards if they're garbage? I'm not a troll dear sir, but I do make my opinion known. Maybe a little too much for my own good.

Power creep can keep interest, but left unchecked it does more to hurt the game than help promote sales and keep players in. The ban list was put in place because it was out of control back around IOC. It is out of control again and Konami is purposely doing nothing about it because it has no effect on their profit making test bed.


Now this I will admit. IOC did wreck the game. TDGS and GENF didn't. TDGS had a few problem cards but they've been dealt with and it still remains my favorite pack ever. Konami will print anything to put $$$/£££ in their pockets. That's why I play Budget DWs In real life, and only shell out cash for stuff I desperately need(Need another tin duality and stuff, but gettin' there.) I could afford a toptier deck, but I don't want to. Why? Because it'll be replaced in 3 months by the next big deck, keeping to a budget makes it easy to enjoy my life, rather than devote all my money to a card game that demands so much money.

Sure, eventually I'll have the Fabled Ravens and the Dark Smogs, but a serious question: Would YOU spend £500 on a deck? I wouldn't. I'd spend it on something else, like... idk, as I've already got a Fightstick for BB/AH/GG etc, I'd probably just save it, lol. But the game is so expensive it's target audience can't play well.
avatar
.:HadoukenBlue:.


Posts : 364
Birthday : 1996-12-24
Join date : 2011-08-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  coolchemist2001 on 2012-01-05, 18:39

Anyone thought that it's about time our good ol' friendly TCG removed the "priority on ignition effects" rule?

Re the new cards, they are annoying. Yes, there are ways to counter them, but all your opponent needs is one loop to successfully work for you to start thinking: OK, i'll do better in round 2. Almost reminds me of those Trad lobby duels i have with my friends just for fun. The person with the better starting hand is almost guaranteed to win the duel.

I find it interesting that Konami bans cards that make loops, then release some new loopable cards.

EDIT: Almost forgot; rarehunter, I LOVE THAT VIDEO.
avatar
coolchemist2001


Posts : 191
Join date : 2011-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  [EP] Irate on 2012-01-05, 18:47

Konami makes money with every broken card they print which has not yet been banned.
Or when it comes to unban certain cards like BLS, everyone suddenly wanted to have their BLS back, so Konami re-printed it.
And for certain rulings, they do not even make good sense, it's just BKSS.
avatar
[EP] Irate
Irate God
Irate God

Posts : 539
Birthday : 1996-02-02
Join date : 2011-09-17

View user profile http://youtube.com/user/SkarmoryHunter

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  .:HadoukenBlue:. on 2012-01-05, 19:01

[EP] Irate wrote:Konami makes money with every broken card they print which has not yet been banned.
Or when it comes to unban certain cards like BLS, everyone suddenly wanted to have their BLS back, so Konami re-printed it.
And for certain rulings, they do not even make good sense, it's just BKSS.


It's working because morons like us continue to buy things at insane prices Neutral
avatar
.:HadoukenBlue:.


Posts : 364
Birthday : 1996-12-24
Join date : 2011-08-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  Tsunayoshi on 2012-01-05, 19:07

.:HadoukenBlue:. wrote:
[EP] Irate wrote:Konami makes money with every broken card they print which has not yet been banned.
Or when it comes to unban certain cards like BLS, everyone suddenly wanted to have their BLS back, so Konami re-printed it.
And for certain rulings, they do not even make good sense, it's just BKSS.


It's working because morons like us continue to buy things at insane prices Neutral

I dont play IRL anymore because of the horrible reprint policy that Konami has
avatar
Tsunayoshi


Posts : 1915
Birthday : 1987-09-27
Join date : 2011-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  HarleyThomas on 2012-01-06, 19:38

Badass_Bunny wrote:
Nebuwah wrote:There were more broken cards in Legend of Blue Eyes White Dragon than there is in today's meta. However, it's unfair to say if old cards are more broken than new cards, since the game is much faster now than it was back then.

Legend Of Blue Eyes only had 5 Effect Monsters with Raigeki and Dark Hole

Most broken set ever.
avatar
HarleyThomas


Posts : 449
Birthday : 1993-02-07
Join date : 2011-09-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  Ballistixz on 2012-01-08, 10:44

they most certainly are. infact when synchros were introduced I rage constantly because of card effects like Black rose dragon and especially stardust. in my honest opinion synchro monsters were the worst thing to happen to this game. I was never able to play competitively anymore when they were introduced because synchros have become such a mandatory thing in yugioh now because of how stupidly powerful most syncs are. hated using them and i hate how its become such a forced thing.
avatar
Ballistixz


Posts : 46
Join date : 2012-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  Miror B. on 2012-01-08, 10:49

Ballistixz wrote:they most certainly are. infact when synchros were introduced I rage constantly because of card effects like Black rose dragon and especially stardust. in my honest opinion synchro monsters were the worst thing to happen to this game. I was never able to play competitively anymore when they were introduced because synchros have become such a mandatory thing in yugioh now because of how stupidly powerful most syncs are. hated using them and i hate how its become such a forced thing.
Except it's not forced. You can play a Fusion Deck and get away with no synchros. Or play some Meklord Deck. Or maybe a Malefic Deck that only requires Synchros as fodder.

Just face the fact that games change and you really can't do anything about it.
avatar
Miror B.


Posts : 1205
Join date : 2011-07-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  AhhGoodTimes on 2012-01-08, 10:51

Ballistixz wrote:they most certainly are. infact when synchros were introduced I rage constantly because of card effects like Black rose dragon and especially stardust. in my honest opinion synchro monsters were the worst thing to happen to this game. I was never able to play competitively anymore when they were introduced because synchros have become such a mandatory thing in yugioh now because of how stupidly powerful most syncs are. hated using them and i hate how its become such a forced thing.

Synchros are powerful but it's not like non-Synchro decks can't compete y'know...
avatar
AhhGoodTimes


Posts : 736
Join date : 2011-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  Red_Chaos on 2012-01-08, 10:53

Ballistixz wrote:hated using them and i hate how its become such a forced thing.

Shocked who is actually forcing you to play? if you don't like how a game is staying updated then go find another game. Nobody is forcing you to play yugioh at gun point? how about some pinochle or old maid those games haven't changed for YEARS and probably will be unheard of in the new 3-5 years due to they haven't gotten a face lift.
avatar
Red_Chaos


Posts : 2312
Birthday : 1990-12-30
Join date : 2011-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  Ballistixz on 2012-01-08, 11:37

Miror B. wrote:
Ballistixz wrote:they most certainly are. infact when synchros were introduced I rage constantly because of card effects like Black rose dragon and especially stardust. in my honest opinion synchro monsters were the worst thing to happen to this game. I was never able to play competitively anymore when they were introduced because synchros have become such a mandatory thing in yugioh now because of how stupidly powerful most syncs are. hated using them and i hate how its become such a forced thing.
Except it's not forced. You can play a Fusion Deck and get away with no synchros. Or play some Meklord Deck. Or maybe a Malefic Deck that only requires Synchros as fodder.

Just face the fact that games change and you really can't do anything about it.

thats not really the point. the point is how insanely easy it is to get most of the popular sync monsters compared to most fusions. and once you get these cards on the field they have insane effects. stardust, brionac, trishula, black rose, and etc are all prime examples.

the same can be said for other non sync monsters like hyperion or krystia, but it started with the synchros.

yes the game is changing i know that. all im saying is that i agree that cards are becoming more and more powerful.


Red_Chaos wrote:
Ballistixz wrote:hated using them and i hate how its become such a forced thing.

Shocked who is actually forcing you to play? if you don't like how a game is staying updated then go find another game. Nobody is forcing you to play yugioh at gun point? how about some pinochle or old maid those games haven't changed for YEARS and probably will be unheard of in the new 3-5 years due to they haven't gotten a face lift.

no one. i played yugioh for years since the very first pack (legend of blue eyes) was released here in NA. and ive quit ever since teledad decks ruled the scene. im only now just coming back after a long hiatus.

and you also have me figured out wrong. im not complaining how the game is being updated..... im complaining how insanely powerful most of these cards have become. Dark hole, a card i never seen coming off the ban list, is now unbanned because of some of these cards.
avatar
Ballistixz


Posts : 46
Join date : 2012-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  plsgiveme500k on 2012-01-08, 11:50

Ballistixz wrote:they most certainly are. infact when synchros were introduced I rage constantly because of card effects like Black rose dragon and especially stardust. in my honest opinion synchro monsters were the worst thing to happen to this game. I was never able to play competitively anymore when they were introduced because synchros have become such a mandatory thing in yugioh now because of how stupidly powerful most syncs are. hated using them and i hate how its become such a forced thing.

Ok... yugioh are kinda like most online game, for example, maplestory, sorry I not kidding, 1st maplestory have 4 adventure job, when people start quiting maple, 5th adventure job, pirate, then people come back to maple, after this people start quiting again when bored with pirate, then knight of cygnus appeared, many people return to maple. This process repeat and repeat and now mercedes/demon slayer/cannon holder is coming soon, after is out, many people who quited is return again.

Simply to say, konami = asiasoft, has to out imba and awesome card/job to pull back the customer to play yugioh/maple again.

Well, i guess most people LOLed a lot when i compared yugioh to maple. tongue
avatar
plsgiveme500k


Posts : 307
Birthday : 1994-06-14
Join date : 2011-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  Garion1991 on 2012-01-09, 01:20

Ballistixz wrote:yes the game is changing i know that. all im saying is that i agree that cards are becoming more and more powerful.

no one. i played yugioh for years since the very first pack (legend of blue eyes) was released here in NA. and ive quit ever since teledad decks ruled the scene. im only now just coming back after a long hiatus.

and you also have me figured out wrong. im not complaining how the game is being updated..... im complaining how insanely powerful most of these cards have become. Dark hole, a card i never seen coming off the ban list, is now unbanned because of some of these cards.

yes, the cards are becoming more and more power relatively because most old cards are literally useless in a deck

however, if you have played during the first pack and pre-TeleDAD, i doubt you would say that the newer cards are overpowered.

TeleDAD is strong simply because of the synergy with tuners and synchro monsters that allows multiple boss monster drops in one turn, not because synchros themselves are overpowered. The deck and its engine made Synchros seem overpowered

i am in no way saying that the new boss monsters (the synchros and XYZ mainly) are weak or "not" strong; but if you really look back to the older cards, the top tier Traditional decks or the competitive traditional scene, you would find that (not taking into consideration the obvious FTKs and dedicated OTKs) the new ones cannot compare to the old ones. a Traditional deck is basically built upon the overpowered cards of the old. i'm not saying that Synchros and XYZ have no place in the Traditional format though

granted, since the game is currently officially based on the Advanced format, with the banned cards being taken out of consideration, some newer cards are strong... or too strong

my opinion only
avatar
Garion1991


Posts : 115
Join date : 2011-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  soluuloi on 2012-01-09, 01:55

Wait for the new ban list, problem solved.
avatar
soluuloi


Posts : 73
Join date : 2011-05-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  MonarchTheLegend on 2012-01-09, 10:25

Lol, I can't wait till march.

Bai bai BLS, if its not ban...i'ma run into a brick wall
avatar
MonarchTheLegend


Posts : 66
Birthday : 1994-07-03
Join date : 2011-06-07

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/MonarchyTheLegend

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  The Predator32 on 2012-01-09, 12:25

Raigeki, dark hole, pots of greed, multiple mirror forces, magic cylinders, swords, and many more. I remember when Yu-gi-oh first came to america and all the great support cards had no limitations on them. The game is no more or less unbalanced now than it was in the early days. The difference is in the old days all the power was in the support cards while now the power has shifted to the monsters themselves.
avatar
The Predator32


Posts : 196
Birthday : 1988-04-18
Join date : 2011-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  Juno23 on 2012-01-10, 19:42

New cards are more OP. Plain and simple. Could a new deck beat an old deck? Maybe not cause of ban lists of the time and all that. But I think card for card new cards are definitely stronger. Yeah the old cards like Pot of Greed are instant +1 but Judgment Dragon can make your opponent minus like crazy. He does Raigeki and Harpy's Feather Duster in one card, with 3000 atk for 1000 LP. But the game is more fun now that it is faster. So whatevs right?
avatar
Juno23


Posts : 36
Birthday : 1991-08-15
Join date : 2012-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  HarleyThomas on 2012-01-10, 21:25

MonarchTheLegend wrote:Lol, I can't wait till march.

Bai bai BLS, if its not ban...i'ma run into a brick wall

Be sure to get pictures.
avatar
HarleyThomas


Posts : 449
Birthday : 1993-02-07
Join date : 2011-09-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  Ballistixz on 2012-01-11, 14:05

Garion1991 wrote:
Ballistixz wrote:yes the game is changing i know that. all im saying is that i agree that cards are becoming more and more powerful.

no one. i played yugioh for years since the very first pack (legend of blue eyes) was released here in NA. and ive quit ever since teledad decks ruled the scene. im only now just coming back after a long hiatus.

and you also have me figured out wrong. im not complaining how the game is being updated..... im complaining how insanely powerful most of these cards have become. Dark hole, a card i never seen coming off the ban list, is now unbanned because of some of these cards.

yes, the cards are becoming more and more power relatively because most old cards are literally useless in a deck

however, if you have played during the first pack and pre-TeleDAD, i doubt you would say that the newer cards are overpowered.

TeleDAD is strong simply because of the synergy with tuners and synchro monsters that allows multiple boss monster drops in one turn, not because synchros themselves are overpowered. The deck and its engine made Synchros seem overpowered

i am in no way saying that the new boss monsters (the synchros and XYZ mainly) are weak or "not" strong; but if you really look back to the older cards, the top tier Traditional decks or the competitive traditional scene, you would find that (not taking into consideration the obvious FTKs and dedicated OTKs) the new ones cannot compare to the old ones. a Traditional deck is basically built upon the overpowered cards of the old. i'm not saying that Synchros and XYZ have no place in the Traditional format though

granted, since the game is currently officially based on the Advanced format, with the banned cards being taken out of consideration, some newer cards are strong... or too strong

my opinion only

most of those over powered cards from the old days got banned or limited. we also didnt have many walking dark holes, walking heavy storms, or walking raikgekis either. most monsters (mainly syncs) have effects that can nuke the entire field of monsters or spell/traps. other cards, like kyrstia, serve has a walking royal oppression without the 800 LP cost.

there was not that many cards that did that in old days of yugioh. sure there was dark hole and raigeki (both cards got banned) but it wasnt THAT bad considering most effect monsters sucked back then. i remember when it was a staple to have 3 man eater bugs in all decks because of its ability to get rid of key cards. but now? hell man eater bug is obsolete because now we have cards with 2500-3k atk points nuking the field practically for free. hyperion comes to mind. ya sure hyperion u need to remove a light monster from play, but xyz leviar just brings it back anyway to the field anyway. we also have cards that act as free monster reborns.


not only that but most of these cards are insanely easy to summon. THAT is the main problem. you can actually swarm the field with like 2 synchs and 2 xys all in one turn with some decks. this is AFTER u swarm the field with tuners and 4 other monsters. other cards (again using hyperion as an example) you can just remove 1 card from hand field or grave and instant summon. and the card u removed can come back to the field with the power of a certain XYZ monster.

so imo its nothing like the old days. the cards of present is much more powerful then the cards of past. atleast the cards of the past were actually hard to summon. (not including the broken/banned cards like chaos emperor)


im not really complaining about the game itself. i love the game and always have, but i do realize how powerful cards have become. and not just powerful, but insanely EASY TO SUMMON powerful cards.


Last edited by Ballistixz on 2012-01-12, 03:07; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Ballistixz


Posts : 46
Join date : 2012-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  Garion1991 on 2012-01-11, 17:11

@Ball:

care to enlighten me on what are the walking Raigeki's and Harpies? also, staple 3 Man Eaters? that is like way old, you cant even compare that to the prime of brokeness that is Yugioh

the cards you have mentioned are no where near as broken as the old staples; and if you play any traditional deck, you would know that swarming a field is much more easier and deadlier than any Advanced deck can offer, not to mention that most swarms dont use synchros or XYZs

how are the staples of the older cards any weaker than the newer ones?

Ballistixz wrote:so imo its nothing like the old days. the cards of present is much more OP then the cards of past. atleast the cards of the past were actually hard to summon. (not including the broken/banned cards like chaos emperor)

so you exclude some set of cards that counters your point to prove your point, a very critical thinking indeed. you want to exclude the broken and banned cards in your reasoning (the OP ones), then claim that newer cards are more OP since you dont take into consideration the old OP cards... just wow. also, you focused on monster cards too much when the old spell cards have way more impact in the game than the new monsters.

you have figuratively instant win conditions such as Painful Choice, Makyura, Metamorphosis, Dimension Fusion, R.D.D., Elma, Last Turn, Sixth Sense, CED, Cyber Stein, Imperial Order, Crush Card Virus, RoD, and many more; not to mention you have the ability to draw through your whole deck in one turn

yes, some boss cards are getting easier to summon either from new effects, existing supports, or new support cards; yes however, the ease of summon and their power level imo is no where near as broken as old cards

all your claims are based on arbitrary assumptions with no regards to factual evidence or logical reasoning. i mean, seriously, u claim that there are walkign Raigeki's; 2.5k - 3k monsters that make old cards seems like weak fodders (paraphrase); 2 Synchs and 2 XYZs in one turn that can beat turn 2 8k attack RDD, turn 2 double Envoys with all the RFGed monsters, turn 2 8k attack clear field monster swarm i, turn 1 complete field lock down, turn 1 complete hand lock down (paraphrase); hard to summon old boss cards when it is not the case; more overpowered cards with complete negligence for the spells and traps; and many more faulty claims

heck, i dont even know what i am typing anymore, there are too many issues that i have with your post that my mind just blown up

not saying you are QQ or anything, just saying i dont understand the validation of your opinion when there are many more evidence/stuff that should change it

granted, you dont play much traditional and old school decks, do you?

PS: i have a habit of typing a lot and tend to view things in the way i presented them, basically i am just bored and i am babbling about random stuff, dont take it too seriously
avatar
Garion1991


Posts : 115
Join date : 2011-08-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  Ballistixz on 2012-01-12, 02:55

Garion1991 wrote:@Ball:

care to enlighten me on what are the walking Raigeki's and Harpies? also, staple 3 Man Eaters? that is like way old, you cant even compare that to the prime of brokeness that is Yugioh

the cards you have mentioned are no where near as broken as the old staples; and if you play any traditional deck, you would know that swarming a field is much more easier and deadlier than any Advanced deck can offer, not to mention that most swarms dont use synchros or XYZs

how are the staples of the older cards any weaker than the newer ones?

Ballistixz wrote:so imo its nothing like the old days. the cards of present is much more OP then the cards of past. atleast the cards of the past were actually hard to summon. (not including the broken/banned cards like chaos emperor)

so you exclude some set of cards that counters your point to prove your point, a very critical thinking indeed. you want to exclude the broken and banned cards in your reasoning (the OP ones), then claim that newer cards are more OP since you dont take into consideration the old OP cards... just wow. also, you focused on monster cards too much when the old spell cards have way more impact in the game than the new monsters.

you have figuratively instant win conditions such as Painful Choice, Makyura, Metamorphosis, Dimension Fusion, R.D.D., Elma, Last Turn, Sixth Sense, CED, Cyber Stein, Imperial Order, Crush Card Virus, RoD, and many more; not to mention you have the ability to draw through your whole deck in one turn

yes, some boss cards are getting easier to summon either from new effects, existing supports, or new support cards; yes however, the ease of summon and their power level imo is no where near as broken as old cards

all your claims are based on arbitrary assumptions with no regards to factual evidence or logical reasoning. i mean, seriously, u claim that there are walkign Raigeki's; 2.5k - 3k monsters that make old cards seems like weak fodders (paraphrase); 2 Synchs and 2 XYZs in one turn that can beat turn 2 8k attack RDD, turn 2 double Envoys with all the RFGed monsters, turn 2 8k attack clear field monster swarm i, turn 1 complete field lock down, turn 1 complete hand lock down (paraphrase); hard to summon old boss cards when it is not the case; more overpowered cards with complete negligence for the spells and traps; and many more faulty claims

heck, i dont even know what i am typing anymore, there are too many issues that i have with your post that my mind just blown up

not saying you are QQ or anything, just saying i dont understand the validation of your opinion when there are many more evidence/stuff that should change it

granted, you dont play much traditional and old school decks, do you?

PS: i have a habit of typing a lot and tend to view things in the way i presented them, basically i am just bored and i am babbling about random stuff, dont take it too seriously


lol, what you are doing is trying to compared a BROKEN card like crush card virus to non broken cards. cards that were the entire reason the ban list was created. i dont include broken cards because they are BROKEN and SHOULD NOT have existed in the first place.


also again you are a person that ignores my previous post and read what you want to read.... i never said the cards were broken. i said they are more powerful then there NON broken counterparts. just because a card is powerful does not mean its broken like chaos emp or crush card....

so please try to read my post more carefully so you will understand it instead of blantanly making words up that i never said ok? i never once said any of these cards were broken. and trying to compare ANY non broken card to a broken card is just stupid. thats why im not comparing..... the card is BROKEN so theres no reason to compare it to anything...


also as for examples, well i already gave examples.... terror incarnet is basically a walking black hole that is very easy to summon in a good yubel deck. hyperion nukes 1 card (2 cards if sanc on field) so its basically a raigeki break. and do i even need to explain the dragon synchro line up? especially trishula? trish has 2.7k atk after removing 3 cards. hype has 2.7k after nuking 1 or 2 cards. judgement dragon? do i really need to go over judgement dragon to lol? you know nuke field 3k to the face judgement dragon right?

again im not saying ANY of these cards are broken. im saying there much MUCH more powerful then there non broken first banlist counterparts. cards like trishula are stupidly powerful. there is no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

think about it for a minute. remember cards that had insanely high atk power but no real effect and were very hard to summon? cards like gatekeeper guardian, blue eyes ultimate, black skull dragon, etc? what happened to these cards? they were all replaced with effect monsters that have insanely good effects AND very high atk power.... malefic truth dragon has a huge 5k atk and has a insanely good effect.

hopefully now you will understand what im trying to say.
avatar
Ballistixz


Posts : 46
Join date : 2012-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  R4GEKILL on 2012-01-12, 08:23

Just play triple veiler and stfu.
avatar
R4GEKILL


Posts : 66
Join date : 2011-11-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  DIYDeath on 2012-02-12, 08:38

Tour Bus, Tour Guide, Zen Maity, Wind-Up Hunter, Inzektor Hornet and/or Dragonfly, Leviair the Sea Dragon, Rescue Rabbit.

All of these are extremely powerful and up for debate on how broken they truly are. They also have some terribly abusive designs, what were you thinking Konami? You don't release loops that ruin yugioh...that drives customers away because you deomstrates you don't know balance from a piece of dog **** while other card games do.

DIYDeath


Posts : 24
Join date : 2012-01-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  mido9 on 2012-02-12, 08:49

Wind up hunter is not broken nor designed as broken,it in itself is a 141 that takes valuable field presence for a card in your opponent's hand.

Zenmaighty and rat are.

Tour bus is not broken in the least,just barely decent and not even designed broken.

Leviair was not designed broken and isnt broken when you have to work for him,tourguide breaks him.

Also,the yugioh TCG is even more live this year than last year and even more than the last,so designing these cards actually attracted more people and not made them all leave,yugioh is even the best selling card game in the world so hardy har.
avatar
mido9


Posts : 489
Join date : 2011-08-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  megaman97897 on 2012-02-24, 01:59

tbh neither rat nor carrier are broken if used w/o hunter, nor is hunter broken if used w/ either limited rat or limited carrier, but honestly for the sake of wind-ups remaining competitive yet not broken, just ban wind-up hunter or make a new card text stating something like: "the effect of "wind-up hunter" can only be used once per turn", if u do that, then there u go no hand-killing loop, just 1 card from ur opponent's hand and still the option to build up a field and try to otk.
avatar
megaman97897


Posts : 13
Join date : 2011-10-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  sagax06 on 2012-02-24, 21:19

I liek to run ma baby dragon deck. its super consistent and provides way to many otks. truly broken.
avatar
sagax06


Posts : 290
Birthday : 1996-08-31
Join date : 2011-07-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  Lyner60 on 2012-02-25, 13:54

Yes they are overpowered but if you have a good deck and if you know how it work the new meta you can defeat then easily.
avatar
Lyner60


Posts : 16
Birthday : 1990-03-17
Join date : 2012-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  Juno23 on 2012-02-25, 19:41

That is true that meta beats meta and all that. But if you play IRL against a meta deck then you cant do anything. I don't have a garbage deck either, but some cards like hornet and WU rat are annoying. You don't stand a chance if you don't have any Veilers. And I'm not dropping 50 dollars to run triple Veiler. Veiler is overpowered anyways.
avatar
Juno23


Posts : 36
Birthday : 1991-08-15
Join date : 2012-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  thehostplayer on 2012-02-25, 19:46

>Has friend who uses a joey deck based on his cards
>Joey deck has no structure
>Joey deck beats Meta decks

wat.
avatar
thehostplayer


Posts : 122
Birthday : 1990-12-04
Join date : 2012-02-22

View user profile http://thehostplayer.jimdo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  Saturn on 2012-02-25, 19:50

My Village Deck beat DW when they were getting a lot of tops, doesn't mean people will swarm every YCS with Village Lock.
avatar
Saturn


Posts : 1036
Birthday : 1996-02-07
Join date : 2011-09-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  january on 2012-02-25, 20:59

I don't mind that the new cards are more powerful than old ones. That's just the way things go.

The thing that bothers me is that they haven't kept the banlist updated with the times. Tsukiyume should not be banned, it was broken for it's time, but it wouldn't even be a competitive deck with 1 tsukiyume and maybe mask of darkness limited/semi-limited too. But it's still banned, because konami doesn't like that deck.
Same with Thousand Eyes Restrict. It's not broken without Magical Scientist or Metamorphasis around, and especially not in a world with 3 Judgement Dragons.

The thing that really bothers me, and has since forever, is that people can only really play 1 archetype in a deck. Everything's so specific, it's hard to experiment and come up with new ideas.

More on topic, these new decks bother me more than the old ones because they're all really similar. Something about them just seems really generic in a way that decks like Makyura the Destructor and Chaos Yata don't.
avatar
january


Posts : 5
Join date : 2011-09-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: new cards are overpowered

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum