Monkeyshines

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Monkeyshines

Post  Scrimshander on 2012-02-11, 20:59

Main:

2x Dark Resonator
1x Effect Veiler
3x Green Baboon, Defender of the Forest
2x Hypnocorn
2x Tanngrisnir of the Nordic Beasts
2x The Trojan Horse
2x Tour Guide From the Underworld
1x Tyler the Great Warrior
3x Wind-Up Kitten
3x X-Saber Airbellum
2x Axe of Despair
3x Closed Forest
1x Creature Swap
1x Dark Hole
1x Heavy Storm
2x Mage Power
1x Messenger of Peace
1x Monster Reborn
1x Changing Destiny
2x Dark Bribe
1x Dust Tornado
1x Metalmorph
1x Royal Decree
1x Solemn Judgement
1x Solemn Warning

Side:

1x Battle Fader
1x Buster Blaster
1x Effect Veiler
1x Thunder King Rai-Oh
1x Card Trader
1x Darkworld Shackles
1x Emergency Provisions
1x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Changing Destiny
1x Dark Bribe
1x Imperial Iron Wall
1x Malevolent Catastrophe
1x Skill Drain
1x Solemn Warning
1x Windstorm of Etaqua

Extra:

2x Ally of Justice Catastor
2x Black Rose Dragon
1x Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
2x Naturia Beast
2x Power Tool Dragon
1x Sirius the Blue Wolf Star
2x Zeman the Ape King
1x Ennead, the Holy Marked Divine Dragon
2x Wind-Up Zenmaines

Feedback would be appreciated, still wet behind the ears when it comes to making decks "competitive".
avatar
Scrimshander


Posts : 4
Join date : 2012-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monkeyshines

Post  MrChillmatic on 2012-02-12, 03:58

No offense, but your deck seems all over the place.

Here are my suggestions. I'll make your deck more of a Beast/Baboon decks since that's what seems to be the primary focus.

-1 Tyler the Great Warrior (not a great eff, can't be special summoned)
-2 The Trojan Horse (No need for it)
-3 Wind-Up Kitten (not needed at all)
-1 Green Baboon, Defender of the Forest (3 is too much, try 2 instead)
-1 X-Saber Airbellum (2 is enough)
-2 Hypnocorn (no need for it since you can play MST and normal summon more useful monsters)
-2 Dark Reasonator (Can't synchro with it if summoned with TGU)

+1 Tour Guide (Play 3 or don't)
+1 Sangan (Staple with TGU)
+1 Guldfaxe of the Nordic Beasts (LV4 tuner that can be special summoned)
+1 Tanngnjostr of the Nordic Beasts (Use it's eff for a quick LV7 synchro or Rank 3 Xyz)
+2 Super Nimble-Mega Hamster (Hits alot of your monsters)
+1 Effect Veiler (Might need to main that 1 you're siding)
+3 Nimble Momonga (Stall + LP gain, trigger Baboon, summonable via Hamster and Creature Swap abuse)
+1 TG Striker (Special summonable, makes Naturia Beast with any LV3 beast)
+1 Junk Synchron (Your dark tuner, makes Frozen Fitzgerald withMononga for example)

-2 Mage Power (Not good)
-2 Axe of Despair (Same as Mage Power)
-1 Messenger of Peace (No need for it in this deck)
-1 Changing Destiny (Horrible card)
-1 Metalmorph (Very bad card)
-1 Dust Tornado (MST is way better)
-1 Royal Decree (Why ?)
-2 Dark Bribe (I'd suggest you side it rather than main it and see how it goes)

+2 Mystical Space Typhoon (Spell/Trap destruction)
+3 Uited we Stand (I don't like equips, but if you're keen on using them then play this one)
+1 Creature Swap (You have a lot of monsters that like to be destroyed by battle)
+2 Pot of Duality (Draw power)
+1 Solem Warning (Staple at 2)
+1 Torrential Tribute (Staple)
+1 Mirror Force (Massive Destruction)

I'd suggest you side Closed Forest, but that's your choice. If you do replace it with 1 Trap Dustshoot and 1 Mind Control, that'd make your deck at 40 cards. If you like it in the deck, then keep it.

Moving on to the extra deck :

-1 Ally of Justice Catastor (1 is enough)
-1 Black Rose Dragon (Same as Catastor)
-1 Power Tool Dragon (Same)
-1 Zeman the Ape King (Same)
-1 Ennead, the Holy Marked Divine Dragon (Why ?)
-1 Sirius the Blue Wolf Star (There are better options)
-1 Wind-Up Zenmaines (1 is enough)

+1 Stardust Dragon (Staple)
+1 Scrap Dragon (Staple)
+1 Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier (Staple)
+1 Frozen Fitzgerald (Junk Synchron + Momonga make this)
+1 Leviair the Sea Dragon (Since you have TGU)
+1 Ancient Fairy Dragon (3000 Wall sarches for Closed Forest if need to be)
+1 Number17 : Leviathan (If you need a beater)

Now for the side deck, I'll do this :

2x Thunder King Rai-Oh
2x Maxx C
2x Ryko, Lighstwon Hunter
1x Pot of Avarice (can be mained if you find space)
2x Dark Bribe
2x Bottomless Trap Hole
2x Dimensional Prison
2x Call of the Haunted

That's just my suggestions, might not be what you intended to build originally.
avatar
MrChillmatic


Posts : 673
Birthday : 1990-01-09
Join date : 2011-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monkeyshines

Post  Scrimshander on 2012-02-12, 07:16

Much appreciated, the changes you suggested helped alot. I know some of the trap choices were lulwat, but it always makes me grin seeing peoples reaction after popping a dust tornado or metalmorph on them. Decided to swap out tour guides for some ape fighters instead, they've worked pretty well with creature swap so far.
avatar
Scrimshander


Posts : 4
Join date : 2012-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monkeyshines

Post  Soph on 2012-02-12, 11:00

Equips are great. UWS has a greater potential (scapegoat...) but mage power is more consistant. Finisher blows with great power? Set your hand equip and strike. However i would suggest you on your deck focus on monster destroying effects. Actually ,equips only work a lot with double attacking monsters. Trust me. Well, i will suggest you one of my favorite cards for the job... full force strike. Plus, stay alert with traps, try the quick spells and chainable traps... 3 mst and a heavy storm in a deck and your backfield is empty in a sec
avatar
Soph


Posts : 78
Birthday : 1996-11-26
Join date : 2012-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monkeyshines

Post  MrChillmatic on 2012-02-12, 11:05

And then you get hit with heavy Storm.

Trust me, UWS is better.

Oh and equip were great 6-7 years ago, now they're mostly outdated to tell you the truth.

Forgot Scapegoat.. maybe you can find a space for it.
avatar
MrChillmatic


Posts : 673
Birthday : 1990-01-09
Join date : 2011-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monkeyshines

Post  Soph on 2012-02-12, 11:13

Thats why i said finisher blows. Lol. And thats why i told him to focus on monster destroying. Since there are no double attacking i noticed, the finisher blows with equip are rare, then i dont see reason for equips.
avatar
Soph


Posts : 78
Birthday : 1996-11-26
Join date : 2012-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monkeyshines

Post  GreyZekrom on 2012-02-12, 12:09

Soph wrote:Thats why i said finisher blows. Lol. And thats why i told him to focus on monster destroying. Since there are no double attacking i noticed, the finisher blows with equip are rare, then i dont see reason for equips.

Main reason for equips: Vylon, but since there aren't vylons here, equips are useless, most of the other things seems legit
avatar
GreyZekrom


Posts : 451
Birthday : 1997-02-16
Join date : 2011-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monkeyshines

Post  Soph on 2012-02-12, 12:20

GreyZekrom wrote:
Soph wrote:Thats why i said finisher blows. Lol. And thats why i told him to focus on monster destroying. Since there are no double attacking i noticed, the finisher blows with equip are rare, then i dont see reason for equips.

Main reason for equips: Vylon, but since there aren't vylons here, equips are useless, most of the other things seems legit

My main deck (warrior) is heavy equip based and still works. Problem? Lol. But seriously, there is no problem with equips if you dont rely on them to survive. Just use them to mash your opp on the moment they arent alert for a mostly instant game. (MST is a problem. Dark bribe/solemn trio)
avatar
Soph


Posts : 78
Birthday : 1996-11-26
Join date : 2012-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monkeyshines

Post  MrChillmatic on 2012-02-12, 12:47

That reminded me of that warrior deck I had in that WC2006 game on GBA.

Packed with equips, but wasn't a problem since I had Mazata (I assume you do) and that Samurai that gains attacks up to the numbers of equips he has.

Unfortunately, equips have become worse since then and are out of the metagame. United We Stand was banned in the past and isn't even played nowadays, a testament to how the game changed since then.
avatar
MrChillmatic


Posts : 673
Birthday : 1990-01-09
Join date : 2011-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monkeyshines

Post  Soph on 2012-02-12, 13:06

Yeah, ik. Yeah, i have mataza and bergzak. Plus, my deck doesnt rely on equips to survive, is very like a toolbox but with fast attacking.

EDIT

and thats why i dont use benkei. 4 equips on deck only... too situational
avatar
Soph


Posts : 78
Birthday : 1996-11-26
Join date : 2012-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monkeyshines

Post  GreyZekrom on 2012-02-12, 13:15

Soph wrote:
GreyZekrom wrote:
Soph wrote:Thats why i said finisher blows. Lol. And thats why i told him to focus on monster destroying. Since there are no double attacking i noticed, the finisher blows with equip are rare, then i dont see reason for equips.

Main reason for equips: Vylon, but since there aren't vylons here, equips are useless, most of the other things seems legit

My main deck (warrior) is heavy equip based and still works. Problem? Lol. But seriously, there is no problem with equips if you dont rely on them to survive. Just use them to mash your opp on the moment they arent alert for a mostly instant game. (MST is a problem. Dark bribe/solemn trio)

Warriors and equip are an eternal love, and lucky iron axe isn't afraid of MST or heavy storm
avatar
GreyZekrom


Posts : 451
Birthday : 1997-02-16
Join date : 2011-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monkeyshines

Post  Soph on 2012-02-12, 13:22

GreyZekrom wrote:
Soph wrote:
GreyZekrom wrote:
Soph wrote:Thats why i said finisher blows. Lol. And thats why i told him to focus on monster destroying. Since there are no double attacking i noticed, the finisher blows with equip are rare, then i dont see reason for equips.

Main reason for equips: Vylon, but since there aren't vylons here, equips are useless, most of the other things seems legit

My main deck (warrior) is heavy equip based and still works. Problem? Lol. But seriously, there is no problem with equips if you dont rely on them to survive. Just use them to mash your opp on the moment they arent alert for a mostly instant game. (MST is a problem. Dark bribe/solemn trio)

Warriors and equip are an eternal love, and lucky iron axe isn't afraid of MST or heavy storm

500 atk isnt the very dangerous. I wouldnt have it as a primary target if my opp uses one
avatar
Soph


Posts : 78
Birthday : 1996-11-26
Join date : 2012-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monkeyshines

Post  GreyZekrom on 2012-02-12, 13:28

Soph wrote:
GreyZekrom wrote:
Soph wrote:
GreyZekrom wrote:
Soph wrote:Thats why i said finisher blows. Lol. And thats why i told him to focus on monster destroying. Since there are no double attacking i noticed, the finisher blows with equip are rare, then i dont see reason for equips.

Main reason for equips: Vylon, but since there aren't vylons here, equips are useless, most of the other things seems legit

My main deck (warrior) is heavy equip based and still works. Problem? Lol. But seriously, there is no problem with equips if you dont rely on them to survive. Just use them to mash your opp on the moment they arent alert for a mostly instant game. (MST is a problem. Dark bribe/solemn trio)

Warriors and equip are an eternal love, and lucky iron axe isn't afraid of MST or heavy storm

500 atk isnt the very dangerous. I wouldnt have it as a primary target if my opp uses one

Exactly, your opp aren't going to destroy it and a 500 can be useful, but if dont, obvious starlight and anubis are played
avatar
GreyZekrom


Posts : 451
Birthday : 1997-02-16
Join date : 2011-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monkeyshines

Post  Soph on 2012-02-12, 13:54

GreyZekrom wrote:
Soph wrote:
GreyZekrom wrote:
Soph wrote:
GreyZekrom wrote:
Soph wrote:Thats why i said finisher blows. Lol. And thats why i told him to focus on monster destroying. Since there are no double attacking i noticed, the finisher blows with equip are rare, then i dont see reason for equips.

Main reason for equips: Vylon, but since there aren't vylons here, equips are useless, most of the other things seems legit

My main deck (warrior) is heavy equip based and still works. Problem? Lol. But seriously, there is no problem with equips if you dont rely on them to survive. Just use them to mash your opp on the moment they arent alert for a mostly instant game. (MST is a problem. Dark bribe/solemn trio)

Warriors and equip are an eternal love, and lucky iron axe isn't afraid of MST or heavy storm

500 atk isnt the very dangerous. I wouldnt have it as a primary target if my opp uses one

Exactly, your opp aren't going to destroy it and a 500 can be useful, but if dont, obvious starlight and anubis are played

Tech piece. Interesting. I could try it in some deck.
avatar
Soph


Posts : 78
Birthday : 1996-11-26
Join date : 2012-01-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Monkeyshines

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum