Official March 2012 Banlist

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  Badass_Bunny on 2012-02-18, 13:06

Forbidden Cards

Glow-Up Bulb
Spore
Barrier
Trap Dustshoot

Restriction Cards

Tech Genus Striker
Agent of Mystery, Earth

Semi-Restriction Cards

Marshmallon
Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
Emergency Teleport
Shien's Smoke Signal
Level Limit Area B
Torrential Tribute
Ultimate Offering
Reborn Tengu

No longer restricted

Call of the Haunted

Source:
http://shriek.twoday.net/stories/64977358/


Discuss The March 2012 Banlist
avatar
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Posts : 2660
Birthday : 1996-04-17
Join date : 2011-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  mido9 on 2012-02-18, 13:11

Complete garbage that does nothing to fix any of the major problems of the format,wind up,inzektor and rabbit,and overhits multiple tier 2 decks that were otherwise fine to promote the new xyz mechanic.

In short: Banned: Synchros /list

Badass_Bunny wrote:Forbidden Cards

Glow-Up Bulb Okay,but unneeded
Spore WTF
Trishula Good
Trap Dustshoot Great

Restriction Cards

Tech Genus Striker WTF
Agent of Mystery, Earth Okay,kill consistency in exchange for power like they did with LS.

Semi-Restriction Cards

Marshmallon Yes
Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner Yes
Emergency Teleport Yes
Shien's Smoke Signal Yes
Level Limit Area B Yes
Torrential Tribute Thank goodness
Ultimate Offering Eh?
Reborn Tengu Why with the plants killed?

No longer restricted

Call of the Haunted Okay


Last edited by mido9 on 2012-02-18, 13:19; edited 1 time in total
avatar
mido9


Posts : 489
Join date : 2011-08-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  Cheren on 2012-02-18, 13:12

FFFFFFF-
I don't even want to play anymore if this is true. Seriously? GUB and Spore and Trishula banned? Wtf?
avatar
Cheren


Posts : 649
Birthday : 1999-03-03
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  Phoenix Wright on 2012-02-18, 13:16

besides the obvious killing of plant tengu, how do you think this list will affect the TCG meta?

I mean, agents and T.G. weren't a major threat in the TCG
avatar
Phoenix Wright


Posts : 2772
Birthday : 1993-12-14
Join date : 2011-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  Phoenix Wright on 2012-02-18, 13:17

why did you make two threads for the same thing?
avatar
Phoenix Wright


Posts : 2772
Birthday : 1993-12-14
Join date : 2011-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  Cheren on 2012-02-18, 13:18

All I care about is Tengu Plants.

Anyways, I think a lot of decks are dead now, more than ever. ( including plantz)
avatar
Cheren


Posts : 649
Birthday : 1999-03-03
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  Red_Chaos on 2012-02-18, 13:20

Phoenix Wright wrote:besides the obvious killing of plant tengu, how do you think this list will affect the TCG meta?

I mean, agents and T.G. weren't a major threat in the TCG

t.g agents get there speed cut in half which was one of the major reasons they did so well in ocg

i do find it interesting that reborn tengu was touched o.o
avatar
Red_Chaos


Posts : 2312
Birthday : 1990-12-30
Join date : 2011-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  Cheren on 2012-02-18, 13:21

I see a return in the six samurai, due to 2 smoke signal eheheheheh...
avatar
Cheren


Posts : 649
Birthday : 1999-03-03
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  Roxzen on 2012-02-18, 14:17

Phoenix Wright wrote:besides the obvious killing of plant tengu, how do you think this list will affect the TCG meta?

I mean, agents and T.G. weren't a major threat in the TCG
Seems like Konami didn't give a damn about TCG, again.

I pity you lot. =/

Have fun with Wind-Up/Inzektor/Dino-Rabbit I guess.
avatar
Roxzen


Posts : 1484
Birthday : 1992-04-04
Join date : 2011-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  Badass_Bunny on 2012-02-18, 14:23

Phoenix Wright wrote:why did you make two threads for the same thing?

No idea why it happened

mido9 wrote:Complete garbage that does nothing to fix any of the major problems of the format,wind up,inzektor and rabbit,and overhits multiple tier 2 decks that were otherwise fine to promote the new xyz mechanic.

In short: Banned: Synchros /list

Badass_Bunny wrote:Forbidden Cards

Glow-Up Bulb Okay,but unneeded
Spore WTF
Trishula Good
Trap Dustshoot Great

Restriction Cards

Tech Genus Striker WTF
Agent of Mystery, Earth Okay,kill consistency in exchange for power like they did with LS.

Semi-Restriction Cards

Marshmallon Yes
Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner Yes
Emergency Teleport Yes
Shien's Smoke Signal Yes
Level Limit Area B Yes
Torrential Tribute Thank goodness
Ultimate Offering Eh?
Reborn Tengu Why with the plants killed?

No longer restricted

Call of the Haunted Okay

The list is great, looking from the OCG point of view...

All in all this is fail attempt to show TCG has Influence on Banlist


Last edited by Badass_Bunny on 2012-02-18, 14:26; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Posts : 2660
Birthday : 1996-04-17
Join date : 2011-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  MrJokster on 2012-02-18, 14:25

It's going to be a long format...
avatar
MrJokster


Posts : 65
Join date : 2011-06-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  MrChillmatic on 2012-02-18, 14:28

Make way for the XYZ format...

avatar
MrChillmatic


Posts : 673
Birthday : 1990-01-09
Join date : 2011-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  Dawe96 on 2012-02-18, 14:32

Not too good, nothing to kill a lil' bit the Inzector's, and rabbit... :/
avatar
Dawe96


Posts : 39
Birthday : 1996-02-02
Join date : 2011-11-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  Dart on 2012-02-18, 14:41

Basically, KONAMI said: "Screw Synchros, now is Xyz era!"

This list does very little to fix the current meta problems, in fact, Wind-Ups, Inzektors and DinoRabbits untouched while banning Trishula and synchro engine for a lot of decks makes their life even easier.

The only think that is enjoyable is that we're not going to see that annoying Trap Dustshoot for a while.

I should be happy because they're giving me an extra Lumina for my Lightsworn deck, but they completely killed the synchroning potential, leaving my main deck extremely damaged right now... at least my Six Sam deck can enjoy the extra Signal.

Now another six months with the same old problems *sigh*
avatar
Dart


Posts : 64
Join date : 2011-12-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  S.S.A. on 2012-02-18, 15:08

gub spore and striker are so unnessisary...i saw all three cards as fine where they were
avatar
S.S.A.


Posts : 1010
Join date : 2011-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  Cheren on 2012-02-18, 15:10

I quit plants because of that... But now I'm using Sams
avatar
Cheren


Posts : 649
Birthday : 1999-03-03
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  Red_Chaos on 2012-02-18, 15:13

does this mean they are gonna get rid of TCG all to began with?
avatar
Red_Chaos


Posts : 2312
Birthday : 1990-12-30
Join date : 2011-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  zekana on 2012-02-18, 15:26

so, anyone else agree to call the next meta "Death of the synchros"?

what i'm happy with
Trap Dustshoot - cheapness is gone, YAYZ!!
Marshmallon - fun card. YAYZ!!
Emergency Teleport - interesting.
Torrential Tribute - Broken with sacred omega. TRIPLE YAYZ!
Reborn Tengu - over due though is it really that big a deal to semi them now with all the xyzing and the main synchroing engine gone?

everything else doesn't effect me much, though i never saw trishula as that big of a threat.


dissapointed not seeing hunter limited or banned though I had a feeling it wouldn't be on the list.
I was hoping to see Dark Magician of Chaos off the ban list though with the upcoming spellcaster archetype, it might have added too much strength to them?
I hope debris dragon can go back up to 2 since the plant engine is dead.
avatar
zekana


Posts : 218
Birthday : 1991-02-07
Join date : 2011-09-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

reply:

Post  Dowphomet on 2012-02-18, 15:28

This Ban list makes no sense, I mean sure Plants had insane synchro power and agents heavy search power but common.. Inzectors pop about 3 cards per almost every turn, and wind-up's can send your entire hand to grave before you even draw your first card. The fact that Konami did NOTHING to balance that out proves to me they want Inzektors and Wind-up's to be the only T1 Decks this format. Besides the Six Sam who r moar t 1.5 than t1.
avatar
Dowphomet


Posts : 64
Join date : 2012-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  Cheren on 2012-02-18, 15:30

Konami is being selfish, they want people to only buy their new products
avatar
Cheren


Posts : 649
Birthday : 1999-03-03
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  HarleyThomas on 2012-02-18, 16:00

This list is garbage. This had best not be real.
avatar
HarleyThomas


Posts : 449
Birthday : 1993-02-07
Join date : 2011-09-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  Red_Chaos on 2012-02-18, 16:11

HarleyThomas wrote:This list is garbage. This had best not be real.

we can only hope
avatar
Red_Chaos


Posts : 2312
Birthday : 1990-12-30
Join date : 2011-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  raidou on 2012-02-18, 16:22

i thought tengu wasnt out on the OCG
avatar
raidou


Posts : 967
Join date : 2011-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  HarleyThomas on 2012-02-18, 16:25

Xyz promotion or not, Tour Guide is the problem TCG card, not Tengu. Hitting Ultimate Offering is just dumb as all of two or three decks use it all of which focus on Xyz Monsters.

Lightsworn players got their Lumina to two, but with three Judgement Dragons it's just insane. And I don't even want to talk about Samurai.

Emergency Teleport and Torrential Tribute to two is the only good thing to come from this.
avatar
HarleyThomas


Posts : 449
Birthday : 1993-02-07
Join date : 2011-09-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  ScottStebbs on 2012-02-18, 16:29

This list is just so annoying. like others have said its gonna be a long format of playing the same stuff over and over again. its gonna get boring really quick.
avatar
ScottStebbs


Posts : 31
Birthday : 1991-04-25
Join date : 2011-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  {EX} TheVoid on 2012-02-18, 16:29

They didn't even give Tengu Plants the decency of being raped. They just killed them. They raped TGs, killing their floats and their special summons. This list continues to bury the synchro era for the xyz era, which tbh pisses me off. If it wasnt for the fact that I have an idea for an anti-meta deck, this format would have made me quit. While I like a lot of the changes, I dont like that they didnt touch 3 of the decks already topping at YCS's, and improved the last YCS winning deck. They are trying to widen the gap between tiers 1 and 2.

My predictions:
Meta:
Wabbit (Dominant)
Wind-Up
Six Samurai
Inzektors

Anti:
Macro
Dark World w/ Skill Drain
Gravekeepers
avatar
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Posts : 2345
Birthday : 1992-02-29
Join date : 2011-06-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  Roxzen on 2012-02-18, 16:32

raidou wrote:i thought tengu wasnt out on the OCG
Caused quite a stir, I say.

Never happened that an unreleased card get into an official list. And don't say Allure of Darkness. I don't recall seeing Allure of Darkness in OCG March 2008 F/L list.
avatar
Roxzen


Posts : 1484
Birthday : 1992-04-04
Join date : 2011-05-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  HarleyThomas on 2012-02-18, 16:36

Allure was an emergency ban or something and it was Upperdeck Entertainment who did that.
avatar
HarleyThomas


Posts : 449
Birthday : 1993-02-07
Join date : 2011-09-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  DMaster2 on 2012-02-18, 17:11

I really hope this list isn't real. I don't want to see synchroes die and wind-ups/inzektors like there's no tomorrow.

DMaster2


Posts : 23
Join date : 2012-02-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  GRIMLOCK on 2012-02-18, 17:14

I'll Play regardless of Banlist, It's a Challenge!!,

that's how a real Yugioh Duelist should look at it,

and im not running the meta decks(Rabbit, Inzecter, Wind-up), it feels GREAT when you beat them
avatar
GRIMLOCK


Posts : 108
Join date : 2011-05-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  Lyner60 on 2012-02-18, 17:29

GRIMLOCK wrote:I'll Play regardless of Banlist, It's a Challenge!!,

that's how a real Yugioh Duelist should look at it,

and im not running the meta decks(Rabbit, Inzecter, Wind-up), it feels GREAT when you beat them

GRIMLOCK its true what you say, yesterday I play against an Inzektor deck with my Blackwing Deck and it feels great beat them, even with an almost killed deck by KONAMI.
avatar
Lyner60


Posts : 16
Birthday : 1990-03-17
Join date : 2012-01-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  ! Alestorm ! on 2012-02-18, 17:30

guys synchros ARE NOT DEAD. -.- You just HAVE to go back to the old way of playing synchro decks. Does anyone here remember or know of quickdraw decks? In my opinion quickdraw decks are way faster then plants and can drop shooting quasars like no tomorrow if it is used by a good player. Synchro decks are not dead you just have to go back to the old ways of the synchro! Also, you dont need trishula in an extra deck to win a match. So stop complaining about it. It does suck they did nothing about dino rabbit. However I think it is because photon shockwave is still considered new in tcg. Inzektors did not get hit because they just came out in the tcg. Come september all that will be gone. Just hold your horses abit longer.

I also want to point out that they semi-limited T.tribute for a reason. I am not sure if anyone gets that reason yet lol.

P.s. Just going to say I am not looking forward to playing Inzektor/wind-ups and dino rabbit every match. Seriously dino rabbit = summon rabbit...get 2 kaba's xyz laggia..set backrow...gg.... xD
avatar
! Alestorm !


Posts : 37
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  ScottStebbs on 2012-02-18, 17:41

! Alestorm ! wrote:guys synchros ARE NOT DEAD. -.- You just HAVE to go back to the old way of playing synchro decks. Does anyone here remember or know of quickdraw decks? In my opinion quickdraw decks are way faster then plants and can drop shooting quasars like no tomorrow if it is used by a good player. Synchro decks are not dead you just have to go back to the old ways of the synchro! Also, you dont need trishula in an extra deck to win a match. So stop complaining about it. It does suck they did nothing about dino rabbit. However I think it is because photon shockwave is still considered new in tcg. Inzektors did not get hit because they just came out in the tcg. Come september all that will be gone. Just hold your horses abit longer.

I also want to point out that they semi-limited T.tribute for a reason. I am not sure if anyone gets that reason yet lol.

P.s. Just going to say I am not looking forward to playing Inzektor/wind-ups and dino rabbit every match. Seriously dino rabbit = summon rabbit...get 2 kaba's xyz laggia..set backrow...gg.... xD

So what your saying is that we went from 2 really good sychro decks to 1. sounds like they are killing them to me.
avatar
ScottStebbs


Posts : 31
Birthday : 1991-04-25
Join date : 2011-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  neonshawdowguy on 2012-02-18, 17:49

why the F@#! do we have to share banlists with ocg. Cant we have separate

neonshawdowguy


Posts : 18
Join date : 2011-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  Cheren on 2012-02-18, 17:55

neonshawdowguy wrote:why the F@#! do we have to share banlists with ocg. Cant we have separate
No, that would be complicated
avatar
Cheren


Posts : 649
Birthday : 1999-03-03
Join date : 2011-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  Key on 2012-02-18, 18:12

Is there a reason for this to be a global announcement?
avatar
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Posts : 2608
Birthday : 1994-11-29
Join date : 2011-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  zekana on 2012-02-18, 18:17

! Alestorm ! wrote:I also want to point out that they semi-limited T.tribute for a reason. I am not sure if anyone gets that reason yet lol.

makeshift way of stopping swarming? Thats all I got, unless they did that for sacreds so Sacred omega's eff could be abused.
avatar
zekana


Posts : 218
Birthday : 1991-02-07
Join date : 2011-09-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  ! Alestorm ! on 2012-02-18, 19:06

ScottStebbs wrote:
! Alestorm ! wrote:guys synchros ARE NOT DEAD. -.- You just HAVE to go back to the old way of playing synchro decks. Does anyone here remember or know of quickdraw decks? In my opinion quickdraw decks are way faster then plants and can drop shooting quasars like no tomorrow if it is used by a good player. Synchro decks are not dead you just have to go back to the old ways of the synchro! Also, you dont need trishula in an extra deck to win a match. So stop complaining about it. It does suck they did nothing about dino rabbit. However I think it is because photon shockwave is still considered new in tcg. Inzektors did not get hit because they just came out in the tcg. Come september all that will be gone. Just hold your horses abit longer.

I also want to point out that they semi-limited T.tribute for a reason. I am not sure if anyone gets that reason yet lol.

P.s. Just going to say I am not looking forward to playing Inzektor/wind-ups and dino rabbit every match. Seriously dino rabbit = summon rabbit...get 2 kaba's xyz laggia..set backrow...gg.... xD

So what your saying is that we went from 2 really good sychro decks to 1. sounds like they are killing them to me.



i was just listing an example.
avatar
! Alestorm !


Posts : 37
Join date : 2012-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  awsome guy29 on 2012-02-18, 19:20

tengus semied? that sucks

awsome guy29


Posts : 1
Join date : 2012-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  Saturn on 2012-02-18, 19:24

Key wrote:Is there a reason for this to be a global announcement?

Maybe cus, I don't know, it affects everything YuGiOh?
avatar
Saturn


Posts : 1036
Birthday : 1996-02-07
Join date : 2011-09-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  Badass_Bunny on 2012-02-18, 20:23

Key wrote:Is there a reason for this to be a global announcement?

Outside it being the thing that defines the game for next 6 months? No there isn't.

It's just to let everyone know I'll remove when the list takes in effect
avatar
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Posts : 2660
Birthday : 1996-04-17
Join date : 2011-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  MadnessLord on 2012-02-18, 21:07

"Mist wurm: F*** yeah imma returning to extra deck Razz "

I'm okay whit the list except 2 tengus look useless in my mist valley deck and i'm scared about the 2 torrential tributes.
avatar
MadnessLord


Posts : 71
Join date : 2011-06-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  T3RCX on 2012-02-18, 21:25

Just rock dat Skill Drain and you won't even notice the difference between the formats.
avatar
T3RCX


Posts : 383
Birthday : 1988-04-16
Join date : 2011-10-04

View user profile http://www.riddleofsteel.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  Dueler312 on 2012-02-18, 21:47

I thought this list was proven false?

Dueler312


Posts : 114
Birthday : 1986-12-18
Join date : 2011-07-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  Badass_Bunny on 2012-02-18, 21:53

Dueler312 wrote:I thought this list was proven false?

It wasn't proven false it was just not confirmed to be true till now
avatar
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Posts : 2660
Birthday : 1996-04-17
Join date : 2011-06-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  Saturn on 2012-02-18, 21:53

Dueler312 wrote:I thought this list was proven false?

It wasn't proven false; it just wasn't confirmed at the time when Shriek accidentally posted it. It's been confirmed now, though.
avatar
Saturn


Posts : 1036
Birthday : 1996-02-07
Join date : 2011-09-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  itsjustjosh on 2012-02-18, 22:10

This banlist >.>
Gonna be a hell of a format for windups and samurai.
Also, Torrential at two seems annoying :/
avatar
itsjustjosh
[AW] Aesir Warriors
[AW] Aesir Warriors

Posts : 385
Birthday : 1980-06-11
Join date : 2011-11-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  Harvest Lee on 2012-02-18, 22:46

The happy rabbits and going to breed I think I'll take some time off for this format.
avatar
Harvest Lee


Posts : 27
Join date : 2011-08-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  Phraxure on 2012-02-18, 23:09

Yeah me too, having to sit through another format. *Sigh*
avatar
Phraxure


Posts : 271
Birthday : 1997-05-25
Join date : 2011-10-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  eljedreyelle on 2012-02-18, 23:25

LOL


my meme for torrential at 2




avatar
eljedreyelle


Posts : 16
Join date : 2011-10-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official March 2012 Banlist

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum