Are synchro's still viable

88% 88% 
[ 23 ]
12% 12% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 26

Synchro's will survive

Post  gaddster03 on 2012-02-19, 09:51

The new banlist is trying to push everyone to a singular xyz era. They killed plants and hit tengu just for good measure event though it was good for xyz as well. I am not a plant player at all, but i like to make decks that are unexpected and have different options. I like to use xyz and syncs and even the occasional fusion and ritual. The plant eninge was obviously the most effective and splashable synchro engine, and now it is gone. I'd like this thread to be about decks that can synchro a lot. A couple of ideas of mine are zombies, beasts fabeld's and quickdraw. I will hope to get some decklists up soon.

gaddster03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Synchro's will survive

Post  DJLab on 2012-02-19, 09:56

Synchros are still viable...the problem is the Rabbit decks will crush you easily.
DJLab

Birthday : 1991-04-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gruntlord6 on 2012-02-19, 09:59

DJLab wrote:Synchros are still viable...the problem is the Rabbit decks will crush you easily.
Well, Other decks will crush rabbit, and six sam and kurakuri are still doing well.
gruntlord6

Birthday : 1993-11-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright on 2012-02-19, 10:13

Six Sams got lucky in YCS Mexico, and karakuri just get beat over in a heavy trap format like this one
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MadnessLord on 2012-02-19, 14:20

Don't forget that we are getting lighrays in GAOV. Apparently Lightray diabolos could have some test in lightsworms or lightray phoenix because of jain and garoth; and lightray sorcerer in agents and macro light decks (?) so they should be they can bring new options to the game.

And yes, they will survive just like fusions and ritual did.
MadnessLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny on 2012-02-19, 15:05

Phoenix Wright wrote:Six Sams got lucky in YCS Mexico, and karakuri just get beat over in a heavy trap format like this one

This is heavy trap format?

Dear lord...
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MrJokster on 2012-02-19, 16:18

Synchros will stick around for as long as the players want them to despite Konami trying to push them back so that people will buy their new junk
MrJokster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyrilla on 2012-02-19, 16:27

There are a alternative means to have a particular deck, just because the obvious ones are being taken out doesn’t put an end to them. Besides, if you want to counter the xyz blizzard all you need to do is summon Bunilla for the win. :3
Cyrilla

Birthday : 1992-01-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Holofoil on 2012-02-19, 17:32

The ironic part is that they don't even have that many XYZ cards available in America.

They really need to release the Numbers XYZ cards in America.
Holofoil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xEnVoYx on 2012-02-20, 09:39

Viable decks that can use Synchro monsters for the next format:
Dark World(Dark Highlander etc)
Karakuri(Naturias, Burei, Bureido)
L6S
Nordic/Beast Synchro(Tengu to 2 doesn't really hurt it that badly.)
xEnVoYx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RareHunter on 2012-02-20, 10:42

Synchro is dead? that what KONAMI doctrin to u. Synchro isn't dead

If T.G. Agent is dead just replace Tech with Tele and the deck still alive

- Dragunity
- Karakuri
- Dark World with Raven
- Tele [[insert deck name]]
- Blackwing is never die!!!! Look at Ban List, COTH 3, Icarus 3, Sacred Crane 3
- LSS
- QD Junk Debris
- etc

Never let ur self if synchro is dead
RareHunter

Birthday : 1992-08-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  !zero! on 2012-02-20, 12:45

synchro are not dead but not as fast as they were plants on the other hand are dead and gone
!zero!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  itsjustjosh on 2012-02-20, 13:16

Synchrons now and forever
itsjustjosh
[AW] Aesir Warriors
[AW] Aesir Warriors

Birthday : 1980-06-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raziel on 2012-02-20, 13:25

They killed just some Synchro decks, but for now, there are too much other synchro decks.
Raziel

Birthday : 1997-04-03

View user profile http://hydrogamesdownload.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dart on 2012-02-20, 14:05

I'm plaining to switch to a Flamvell/Lavals deck, although I like some Xyz monsters, I'm still in love with Synchro monsters, it's a shame that KONAMI was so bitch about it. This list was so extremely bussiness-oriented, they didn't even bother hiding it a little with a random Xyz semi or limitation.

Last edited by Dart on 2012-02-20, 17:44; edited 1 time in total
Dart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackShadowX on 2012-02-20, 14:29

Now six sams would be the only meta using synchros this format
BlackShadowX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gruntlord6 on 2012-02-22, 01:14

Dart wrote:I'm plaining to switch to a Flamvell/Lavals deck, although I like some Xyz monsters, I'm still in love with Synchro monsters, it's a shame that KONAMI was so bitch about it. This list was so extremely bussiness-oriented, they didn't even bother hiding it a little with a random Xyz semi or limitation.
The only xyz that would ever be considered is zenmighty, and the real problem is hunter, not zenmighty.
gruntlord6

Birthday : 1993-11-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Heimdall on 2012-02-22, 05:27

Morphtronics could still be able to get Formula Synchron out (Lantron + Celfon).

Nordics have powerful Synchros that don't need the Plant engine.

Let's also not forget any deck that has Scrap Dragon in it, or Shooting Quasar Dragon. Those two can be brought out as long as there's a great variety of swarming and Tuner monsters.

A heavy blow for Plant users, but Synchros will survive. Fusions did, Rituals did, and Synchro Summoning will always be part of the game now. It's easier than the last two methods for all the lazy people out there. :p It's like a contact Ritual Fusion without a Spell Card to activate it.
Heimdall

Birthday : 1990-11-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  megaman97897 on 2012-02-24, 16:39

Infernities still do very well in terms of synching quickly and swarming yet dino-rabbits are a real bitch to face with infernities.
megaman97897

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou on 2012-02-24, 16:42

dont forget karakuris
raidou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Predator32 on 2012-02-24, 17:07

Sabers.
The Predator32

Birthday : 1988-04-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DIYDeath on 2012-02-24, 17:28

The only super competative decks in this format that benefit from heavy synchs after march are:

Fabled *insert variant* (we'll see what happens with the plant engine dead)
JunkDoppel *insert variant*
Six Sam (imo the best example of a competative syncho deck)
Karakuri
Infernity

Rest got hit too hard to use synchros like they used to. They'll need xyz support to compensate.

DIYDeath

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  january on 2012-02-25, 19:15

tl;dr traditional is a format, you know. And some decks like synchro and dragons can actually do pretty good in traditional.

Also infernities go hard in da paint with or without any of the cards that got b&. And whether a deck synchros or xyzes (ugh I hate that word with a toking passion) doesn't really matter, it's basically the same thing with a different name and a few surface differences. Same with contact fusion, too. All the same thing.
january

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yosei-chan on 2012-02-25, 20:18

With Striker at 1, we can still see a hand control T.G. Synchro Deck. With Catapult Dragon being able to easily special a Jet Falcon or a Cyber Magician calls out Warwolf. Especially since T.G.'s can Synch in hand. Making some combos pretty liable.

Synchrons also have a great support developed. They don't really have much to worry about other than Bottomless or Solemns.

Also, were forgetting a recent Psychic archetype that just received a gift from Konami... Gusto's. They synchro fast. Especially with Emergency Teleport at 2 now, I can imagine Quasar in a turn once set up is proper.
Yosei-chan

Birthday : 1993-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  3E-hero neos on 2012-02-26, 07:09

You guys shouldn't mention that Synchro's are still alive and then mention deck A, deck B and deck C, you guys should think in a logic way now.

We have Ritual, still getting some support, Gishki is one of the greatest Ritual decks in the game at the moment, and can pair up to plenty of decks.
Fusion still has the never-to-be-hit-by-banlist-HERO Archetype, their follow-up Gem-Knight which is also very competitive, a semi-competitive Machine-Fusion build, and a bunch of random things.

Now we got Synchro, sure they got hit, but that's because Konami thinks of the money, and if I'd be Konami I'd also think of the money, if Synchro's wouldn't get hit then Xyz monsters would have to overpower all the Synchro's, which would make the game (even more) broken. The most destructive herp-derp Synchro cards got hit(I don't get why Glow-Up and Spore had to go but save that for another topic), but we'll have Flamvell/Laval, Karakuri, and a bunch of decks actually if you just think of it.

Konami will obviously leave Synchro viable for us, just like they did with Fusions and Ritual, in a few year we'll probably even get new Synchro support.

The problem right now is, people are feared because the best Synchro decks got hit and they now got to think outside of the box. Well trust me, if you let your brains do the work, it'll always be possible to create a good Synchro deck, just not for Plants(until Konami is kind and creates substitutes for their 2 Tuners, like they did with Fishborg).

Yes the game is evolving, yes Xyz starts taking 60, maybe even 70% percent of the game. But, for those who really want to use Synchro, just think outside of the box and let your fantasy flow, we still saw Billy topping after Plants took their first hit in September right?

/End of rant.
3E-hero neos

Birthday : 1995-06-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum